COVID-19 and Race Update
Updated: May 1st, 2020
We would like to begin by thanking our runners, local communities, and sponsors for making Endurance Race Series what it is today. We appreciate the ongoing support and patience through this unprecedented time. As we continue to navigate around the ever changing “Shelter-in-place” state and federal guidelines, we want to ensure you, we are committed to the safety of our runners, staff, and sponsors.
ERS was built on the determination of keeping people active and engaged in their local communities. We continue to work diligently with local and state governments to determine our next move, and the possibility of hosting our events this Summer. We understand that some of these decisions may have to be made last minute which does not make things easy for anyone, so your continued patience is appreciated. To help ease some of these decisions and possible frustration we have put the following into action:
Minimum 30-day notice on any cancellation, postponement, or Approval of an event
Virtual Race Options for ALL race registration in 2020, both Colorado and San Diego. Includes Season Pass Registration
If you are already registered for a physical race, and we are required to cancel or postpone, we will offer 3 options:
Race Deferment to 2021
Race Transfer to another ERS race later in the year
Race transfer to the virtual option, so you can still earn race swag
It should be noted that if you are a Season Pass holder and we do have to cancel, you will automatically be transferred in the virtual option, AND receive a discount on the 2021 Season Pass
REFUND POLICY: Due to the circumstances of the cancellation we will not be offering refunds to any event cancelled or postponed due to Covid-19. Although the races may not be allowed to happen, registration monies are allocated for marketing, and event materials, like shirts, medals, bibs, etc… We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and hope that any one of our 3 options are applicable to all runners.
CURRENT ERS UPDATES:
Barr Lake Half Marathon and 15k- Has been postponed until June 20th, 2020. To allow the state park to proceed and establish their re-open process for camping and public events during the month of May.
Mountain Ridge Half and 10K- Has been postponed until September 12, 2020, the Douglas County School District announced that all schools and facility rentals will remain closed and forbidden until June 30th. ERS has been asked to move our race date back to coincide with the opening of school for the Fall school season.
Please continue to check back in with us before each event. Once we get updates from each governing body where races are located, we will be updated our race webpages.
Thank you again everyone for your continued support and patience. Please stay safe and healthy. See you on the trails real soon!
Race Director/ Owner
Endurance Race Series, LLC